Monday, July 30, 2018

THREE FOURTHS OF A CENTURY OLD

Burbank, California 1948.  Turning five.

I don't feel a day over 102 having arrived at the three fourths of a century mark yesterday.  Some do not like to even mention that they have a birthday.  Others may even call a birthday party a "reunion." I have always loved to celebrate my birthday.  I don't know why. It may be genetic.  I was born in July so I was never privileged to have a party at school.  Many times all my friends would be out of town on my birthday or our family would be traveling cross country.  But in my later years I have had several friends and relatives to make an effort to remember me with a card or a party! 


 My favorite cake from my folks.  I love to dance.

1995 turning 52
1997 Moms in Touch 
2004 Moms in Touch
Moms in Touch
2008 Moms in Touch
Moms in touch party
Cousins turning 65
Chris, Heather, and Jes organized a "surprise" birthday party for me at MBYC

Getting older
2013 Chris arranged a pizza party for my 70th at church
Cake by Jessica


Cake by Sammy

For this birthday my family put together a picnic.  It is great to have a birthday in July because most likely the weather will be nice!




Proverbs 16:31 Gray hair is a crown of glory; it is gained in a righteous life.




2 comments:

  1. Looking good on 3/4 of a century! With people living ever longer, you're just a kid! Happy, Happy Birthday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, and still learning. Thanks for your comment.

      Delete