Friday, July 13, 2018

THE LAST TIME I SAW HORNBROOK

Aunt Evelyn, Aunt Ruth, Jay, Charles and Kathy, Chris, Dorothy
Cottonwood Lodge 2004

As I recall, I may be wrong, the last time I visited Hornbrook was in the summer of 2004.  My dad had passed away in March of 2003, and somehow we ended up with his share of R-Ranch.  We must have paid the $500.00 maintenance fee for that year.

I e-mailed all of our friends and relatives to meet us at R-Ranch for one last time.  


1986 Cottenwood Lodge

Last week there was a huge fire and Hornbrook was evacuated.  My niece Sarah posted pictures on Facebook.  Cottonwood Lodge is a complete loss. They say it looks like a war zone.

Cottonwood Lodge 2018

Here is a news report:


I'm glad we were able to spend one last time there.  I will add more pictures as I find them.


Grace, Ruth, Ev, Klamath River


Jes and Wayne 1982

Kenny 1983

1984 Brad, Kenny, Ev, Grace, Jes

Free fishing for kids


Jennifer at the Cottonwood Lodge wading pool



Jay toted the "New Moon" from the east coast to Spokane and then to R Ranch.  It lives there now.

Davy, Pudgy, Grandma


Cousins Jes, Aurora, Laurie in Yreka 1988


Evy

Guest accomodations

Heather feeding the neighbors chickens


Diana, Mike, Grace, Dave



Grandpa ready for lunch at the Grange 

I think this is the bunk house



2004 John, Bobbi, Jim, Carmen, Jay

No comments:

Post a Comment