Saturday, December 21, 2013
In this depiction by Rembrandt --note how dim the light is that is coming from the lantern. The light coming from the Christ Child is so much brighter. It shines on those close to Him!
"The people who walked in darkness have seen a great light; those who dwelt in the land of the shadow of death, upon them a light has shined." Isaiah 9:2
Thursday, December 12, 2013
This week we will attend our granddaughter’s “Winter” program. I’m disappointed because there will be no carols. They may sing Jingle Bells and mention Santa Claus, but there is no mention of the Christ Child being born. There are so many cowards in our schools today. They don’t want to be sued or threatened with a suite, so they cave, and give in to what the minority wants. Soon they will be the majority, I fear.
When we attended our granddaughter’s music program last year I noticed a man practically doing a low crawl toward the stage. He eventually reached the edge of the stage and paused. Then suddenly a little boy in the front row upchucked. The man swooped in and carried him off the stage and out a door. We figured this must have been the little boy’s father. He saw the look on his son’s face and knew he needed to do something.
God has swooped in and lifted me when the burden was too much to bear. He saw the look on my face and knew my heart. I prayed for a way of escape and God provided. But then other times He has left me to work through the tough times. It was in these times that I grew in my faith, as I needed God even more. I learned that I could make it through with God’s help.
Now I’m praying that somehow, during this Christmas season, that Christ will be honored in the schools. I don’t know how it will happen. Maybe I will have to be the one to speak up, or maybe it will be someone else. Maybe God will see the sad look on my face as once again there is no mention of God. I'm sure God must be concerned too. How can the little children believe if they don't hear? As my mother-in-law said once, “You should pay your respects to God once in awhile.” I hope the schools will do this.
Monday, December 9, 2013
I would love my granddaughters to learn "Christopher Robin is Saying His Prayers." Here is a you tube of it:
Also I'd like them to learn the Doxology. My grandmother and my aunt would like to sing it before meals as the blessing. Here's another you tube:
Monday, December 2, 2013
I just finished reading Dr. Ben Carson’s book, “America the Beautiful.” I noticed that his wife, Candy, helped him to write this book. Some of the topics included are the history of our nation, the religion of our nation, capitalism, socialism, morality, learning from our mistakes, health care, a nation divided, liberty and justice for all, what’s good about America, and what do we believe and in whom do we trust. Dr. Carson comes up with many ideas about how we can get out of the healthcare mess, crime mess, national debt mess, and many other plans. Some I had heard before.
Here are a few of the topics that were new to me in the book:
· One way of defeating the terrorists is for the United States to become independent from all foreign oil by drilling and using our own oil. If any country harbors our enemies we sanction them.
· That the Democratic Party Platform is supposedly based on the Beatitudes. 1 When Jesus saw the crowds, He went up on the mountain; and after He sat down, His disciples came to Him. 2 He opened His mouth and began to teach them, saying, 3 "Blessed are the poor in spirit, for theirs is the kingdom of heaven. 4 "Blessed are those who mourn, for they shall be comforted. 5 "Blessed are the gentle, for they shall inherit the earth. 6 "Blessed are those who hunger and thirst for righteousness, for they shall be satisfied. 7 "Blessed are the merciful, for they shall receive mercy. 8 "Blessed are the pure in heart, for they shall see God. 9 "Blessed are the peacemakers, for they shall be called sons of God. 10 "Blessed are those who have been persecuted for the sake of righteousness, for theirs is the kingdom of heaven. 11 "Blessed are you when people insult you and persecute you, and falsely say all kinds of evil against you because of Me. 12 "Rejoice and be glad, for your reward in heaven is great; for in the same way they persecuted the prophets who were before you. I don’t see the Beatitudes here: http://www.democrats.org/democratic-national-platform
· The original Tea Party began in and around 1775 with the Patriots denial of the problem of taxation without representation, ignoring the problem, resisting the problem, and exempting from the problem, then turning from the problem with transformation, Or DIRECT.
· Likewise the creation of the new Tea Party in 2009 began as a result of passage of the Emergency Economic Stabilization Act of 2008, the American Recovery and Reinvestment Act of 2009, the bailout of several major financial agencies, and talk about dramatic reform of the nation’s health care system. Then February 19, 2009, a business news editor on CNBC by the name of Rick Santelli criticized the government for bailing out underwater mortgages: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VgJ30bihdy8
· Five physicians signed the Declaration of Independence.
· Carson ignored requests when speaking in various places like Columbine High School or the National Prayer Breakfast to not speak about God or Jesus. He disregarded those requests and spoke of his faith. He was applauded wholeheartedly.
· He had a praying mom who sought wisdom from God.
Dr. Carson is an insightful man of faith. He presents a fair and balanced view of the United States. He encourages all to work hard and overcome their problems by taking responsibility and not making excuses. I wish he were the President of the U.S.!