Friday, June 2, 2023

NEW TIANANMEN MUSEUM OPENS IN NEW YORK

 



A few years ago our son Jes, and his wife, Jessica visited China during a work trip.  My cousin, Chuck, and his wife, Kathy, visited China also.  I enjoyed hearing about their trips.  My brother, Jay, was stationed with the Army in Taipei, Taiwan in the 1960's. He could still speak Mandarin 40 years later.  When I attended Bible Study Fellowship I met a women from Taipei.  This all to say that I have a soft spot for the Chinese people and the people of Taiwan.  

I was surprised that some do not know what the Tiananmen Square massacre was all about.  The people and especially the students wanted democracy rather than a dictatorship. They wanted freedom of speech and freedom of the press.  They were killed for their beliefs. Now there is a museum in New York explaining the history behind the Chinese government's murder of their own citizens.  Here is the story.

In opposition to the government Hong Kongers refuse to forget the Tiananmen massacre.  Click here to read the article. Chinese Christians are fleeing China.  Here is the saga of one escape.

Many are seeking freedom. The only way to be truly free is to know the truth.

John 8:31 So Jesus said to the Jews who had believed him, “If you abide in my word, you are truly my disciples, 32 and you will know the truth, and the truth will set you free.”

No comments:

Post a Comment