Monday, March 29, 2021

HAPPY EASTER

 




I hope you have some happy memories from Easters past.  One of my memories is of the above Easter Bunny bookmark.  I recall seeing these bookmarks around the house as I was growing up.  The crafted Easter Bunny must be at least 50 or 60 years old.  I have no idea who made it.  It could have been created by my mom.

My other joyful memory is of Reverend McPherson, Pastor of Calvary Presbyterian church in Alexandria, VA--  teaching us to say-- "He is risen indeed," after he had proclaimed that --"He is risen."

Then third are the hymns-- "Up from the grave He arose," and "The Easter Song."

May God bless you with good things this Easter as we celebrate our hope that we have in our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ.







2 comments:

  1. Yes! I remember those. I think they were from Calvary. Many good memories.

    John McPherson was very patient. One Sunday after social hour (something we all miss) - - It was time to go home, but I walked over and reached up to his hand. The folks said it was time to go home for lunch. I said we were going to his house for lunch. I think everyone was surprised, but he said "Ok". I think that I was about 3 years old.

    Another time that comes to mind - the congregational meetings in the basement. One time about the same time He found that I could say all the words to Onward Christian Soldiers. He called me up to that little stage to lead the congregation in the first stanza. I was to scared to do it because I didn't know what a stanza was. I wouldn't have had any problems I he had said "the first verse". That is one of the funny things about the three year old mind.

    There was another time later when Jay attempted to converse with Marilyn Openhimer (I don't know the spelling) and I must have been 6 or 7, because Wayne was with me. Folding chairs. Jay was sitting next to her. He was trying to talk to her. She was looking away. There was a black bug on her thigh about an inch above her knee. The bug was a about the size of an ant, but rounder. She had nylons on and the skirt was just about 3 more inches. Instead of saying something, Jay mashed it with his finger. his fingers impressed me because they were so much bigger then mine. That did get her full attention as she took his hand and moved it away. He explained, but I don't recall them talking or sitting each other again after that.

    ReplyDelete