Wednesday, February 27, 2019

TEACHERS FOR CHRIST




As a former teacher I was touched by these appeals for teachers in Papua New Guinea and in Tanzania.  Back in the 60's everyone available was recruited to teach here in the U.S.  Even the Dean of Women from my college was subbing.  Back then teachers were a scarce commodity.  Now there are not enough missionary teachers.  It may be a trial with fire but worth it.  When I was dropped in as a new first grade teacher I felt like I was a ring master in a 3 ring circus.  I lasted 3 years. I did receive many compliments from various parents and one principal.  I quit when I was ahead. Maybe you have more stamina than I do.  It looks to me that teaching in a Christian school would be more fun than in a secular school.The you tubes were sent by the Blake Family who are teaching in Papua New Guinea.  The second link is to Amy Medina's blog.

Here is the e-mail from the Blakes:


Dear Friends and Family,
“He told them: ‘The harvest is abundant, but the workers are few. Therefore, pray to the Lord of the harvest to send out workers into His harvest’” (Luke 10:2, HCSB).
The last few years have seen a decrease in the teaching staff at Ukarumpa International School.  It has taken creative solutions to fill the classrooms, but we thank God for each time He has provided just what was needed.  Please pray with us for God to call more teachers to come serve with us.  Pray also that the teachers He calls would obey.  Teachers fill a critical role for Bible translators and other missionaries who have kids.  If you would like to help spread the word, share the following one-minute videos with your teacher friends: 





Here is the link to Amy's blog.


No comments:

Post a Comment