Saturday, November 10, 2018

KEEP CLIMBING

One of the volcanic mountains in Tahiti. I believe this is the church we attended one Sunday.

My Bible study is done on November 20 for this year.  We have a break for the holidays then.  When I don’t have a Bible study I feel spiritually dry. I sometimes read a Psalm and a Proverb each day.  Or I start reading through the Bible from this plan: http://static.esvmedia.org/assets/pdfs/rp.chronological.pdf . The pdf is only 2 pages so I can print it and then check off what I read.  One can start at any date and eventually one will read through the Bible.

I also find verses in the reading for each day that I can pray for my family.  I highly recommend reading the Bible every day for comfort and peace in our lives.    Maybe some of our older children would be interested in reading these passages each day.  At least they could give it a try.  After reading through the Bible I feel like I have climbed a mountain.  I'm weary and dragging but what you see and feel at the top of the mountain is worth it.


I wrote this blog in 2015.  It's about encouragement to get started in Bible reading and study. https://stowellbrown.blogspot.com/2015/01/how-sweet-are-your-words-to-my-taste.html


Psalm 119: 103 How sweet are your words to my taste, sweeter than honey to my mouth!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment