Wednesday, November 21, 2018

HAPPY THANKSLIVING

My mom's youngest sister's family in 2015.

Yes, I say that we can live thankfully every day.  That is why I say "Happy Thanksliving."  The people of the good old U.S. of A. are very blessed.  Most of us have food, clothing, and shelter.  We don't have Roman Law where we have to prove ourselves innocent.  Rather we are innocent until proven guilty.  Our first forefathers who settled in Cape Cod had a government for the people and by the people.  After the first harvest they actually thanked God who is our great provider.  

My Thanksgivings have always involved a big crowd which I love and Chris doesn't.  Go figure--he's the extrovert and I'm the introvert!  Growing up we had 5 kids so even if it was just our family we had a big crowd.  

While attending college in Eastern Washington my Aunt Jeanne and Uncle Hollis, my dad's older brother, would always invite the poor starving college students to Thanksgiving.  They would also invite any neighbors who would be alone on that day.  I so appreciated their generosity and tried to follow their example.

Jeanne and Hollis

When Chris and I lived in Spokane, after we were married, I made an effort to spend Thanksgiving with them.  I wasn't happy if there were fewer than 4 people at the table.

After moving to the Seattle area we would spend Thanksgiving with my mom's older sister and her family.  One year it snowed; as a result we were the only family who showed up at their house.  Chris had grown up in Eastern Washington and we had a truck.


When our grown children were going to be away for the holiday I would invite  another family and usually end up being invited to their house.

The year we lived on our boat in San Diego my cousin on my mom's side invited us to share their dinner.  They made creamed corn, Chris's favorite.

Dick, Nicole, Phillip, Joanne, Chris

We have enjoyed many meals in San Diego with our cousins on my dads side of the family as well.

Ron, Susan, Michael, kids, Becky, Rachel, hubby, Ryan, Aunt Emily

Now with both of our grown kids married we are usually guaranteed a big crowd for which I am truly thankful.

Heather, Jessie, Natalie, Andrew's friend, Andrew, Samantha, Jessie's grandmother


I know, this is Christmas.  I couldn't find the Thanksgiving picture.  Jennifer, Heather, Jessie, Jessica, Jes, Chris, Bobbi, Samantha, Natalie

Colossians 3:15-17 15Let the peace of Christ rule in your hearts, since as members of one body you were called to peace. And be thankful. 16Let the message of Christ dwell among you richly as you teach and admonish one another with all wisdom through psalms, hymns, and songs from the Spirit, singing to God with gratitude in your hearts. 17And whatever you do, whether in word or deed, do it all in the name of the LORD Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through him.

4 comments:

  1. Living in THANKS is the most joyful and hopeful way to live.
    Thanks for sharing family memories. Jim and Carmen

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A good habit to cultivate. Thanks for commenting. I appreciate it.

      Delete
  2. Very nice. Thanks and Happy Thanksgiving.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for reading my blog and commenting. So appreciated!

      Delete