Tuesday, October 16, 2018

I KNEW YOU WERE A SHORTER CATECHISM BOY JUST BY YOUR LOOKS

Calvary Presbyterian Church Alexandria, VA
2005
Many years ago, to become a member of our Presbyterian church, we attended confirmation classes.  The classes involved memorizing the Westminster Shorter Catechism. The two questions and answers I managed to memorize have come back to me from time to time.  They grounded me and focused me on what is important in life.  I ran across this blog from Ray Ortlund today.  He relates a similar story to mine from Selected Shorter Writings of Benjamin B. Warfield (Phillipsburg, 1970). Click here to read.

In my sorting I found pages taken from different Calvary publications picturing and noting the work in which the people of the church were involved.  I have also included a letter from Mrs. Treadwell exclaiming how easy it was to have my dad visit them because of his laid back personality.

Dave is in the top picture of The Session.  He's in the second row.


Dave was involved with at least four different committees


Letter from the friend of the family:

No comments:

Post a Comment