Friday, August 18, 2017

DEFENDING THE GOSPEL

Here we are in the late 90's in Hell, on Grand Cayman Island.  

My best friend from high school, Nancy, wrote me a letter back in the 90's before we had e-mail.  She said that her family was going on a trip to-- what I read was, "The Grand Canyon."  Chris had never seen the Grand Canyon and we had vacation time, plus frequent flyer miles to use.  I wrote her back and told her we would like to join them at the Grand Canyon.  She wrote back and said it is Grand Cayman not the Grand Canyon.  I asked Chris if he would like to travel to Grand Cayman instead of the Grand Canyon.  He replied in the affirmative.  

On Grand Cayman Island there is a town called "Hell” which we visited.  I'm glad it isn't the real one.  I wouldn't want me or anyone to go to the real Hell.  But Jesus says you must be born again in order to enter into the Kingdom of Heaven John 3:16-21.


So when false teachers, such as the Mormons or the Jehovah's Witnesses, come to the door, Christians must be prepared to give the true Gospel to them in love.  Here is a blog, which is helpful when talking to Mormons.  Here is a blog, which is helpful when talking to the Jehovah's Witnesses.

Chris still has not visited the Grand Canyon.


No comments:

Post a Comment