Thursday, September 12, 2013

Whatever You Do, Work At It With All Your Heart, As Working For The Lord, Not For Men. Colossians 3:23



God has designed everyone to do some kind of work.  Even Adam and Eve in the Garden of Eden tilled the ground and looked after the garden.  When I came down with fibromyalgia thirty years ago, I was in so much pain, from the torn muscles that never repaired themselves, I couldn’t imagine what work I could do.  I knew it was important for me to do something.  Somehow, through eliminating many activities from my life, I narrowed my labor down to providing food, clean clothing, and listening ears to my family.  I added prayer, Bible study, and exercise for me.  But, when I would become involved in PTA, volunteering in the schools, participation in politics, even involvement in church, my pain would increase.  (When I became suicidal because of the pain in the middle of teaching a Sunday school class, I finally got the point that this wasn’t what I was supposed to be doing.) However, I still wanted to do more.  I prayed about it and decided that I could write for short periods of time.  I love to read so I set about learning to write. 

Later, my son suggested that I write a blog.  My family calls me “Billy Bob” after Billy Graham because I like to preach to them.  My son thought I could do my preaching in a blog!    I have enjoyed writing my blog and two people even told me that they enjoyed reading it!

However, I could preach in my blog all I wanted to but was this all I was supposed to do?  After reading a few blogs on the persecuted Christians around the world I wondered if there was something I could do to help?  With this desire in my heart I became aware of a blog from the Voice of the Martyrs.  Those writing the blog let us know that letters to Christians in prison in foreign lands do make a difference.  Here is a link to the story: http://www.persecutionblog.com/2013/09/repost-letters-to-prisoners-do-make-a-difference.html

 Now writing letters was something that even within my limits , I could do.  So I stepped out in faith and wrote my first letter to a prisoner for Christ in Pakistan.  I’m praying it gets there and that it will make a difference for that imprisoned Christian!

No comments:

Post a Comment