Saturday, November 5, 2022

ART AND THE ARTIST

 


As a first grade teacher I vowed to never criticize any art work done by my students.  The reason for this was that in 4th grade, after I had changed my mind about a picture I was drawing for art class, I unfortunately was more concerned about not using extra paper, so I scribbled over the old picture in an attempt to draw a new picture.  The teacher held my creation up and told the class to not do what I had just done.  

Art is in the eye of the beholder we are told. Maybe my drawing was "modern" art. Many years later my mom took an art class at EWU while I finished up my bachelors degree and planned a wedding.  After she drew birds like this 

she was given an A for the class.  Why didn't I think of that!

This all to say that there are many types of art.  Recently we watched "Babette's Feast," a Danish film with subtitles.  It was all about choosing a simple life style but in the end even simple people could enjoy the work of a great artist.
 

Revelation 19: 9 And the angel said to me, “Write this: Blessed are those who are invited to the marriage supper of the Lamb.” And he said to me, “These are the true words of God.”                                                                

No comments:

Post a Comment