Thursday, September 1, 2022

HAMS

 

Navigation station

Beware the "Ham Nazi." He's similar to the "Soup Nazi" on one episode of the "Seinfeld" TV show.  I had a run in with this guy when we were living on our boat in Mexico.  We had just taken our weekend ham radio class and had gotten our licenses. I was looking forward to some communication with friends in the U.S.  Unfortunately I did not speak "ham" yet. You must only use certain words.  Other words are not allowed. No freedom of speech on ham radio.  He demanded I add the Mexican identification letters. Well I may have flunked "ham radio" but the following young girl knew exactly what she was doing when she talked by ham radio to the International Space Station.  Click the link here to listen or to read the story.  

No comments:

Post a Comment