Tuesday, November 10, 2020

THE 2020 ROLLERCOASTER ALMOST KILLED ME

 

Spokane Riverfront Park 2010 showing the clock tower and  the carousel which was transplanted from Nat Park after it was rebuilt by Bill Oliver -- photo by Chris

Today World Magazine published this piece by Ryan Bomberger.  He opines about his near death experience and his thoughts on 2020.  It is a very well written and thoughtful article.

Then I began to think about rollercoasters.  No I wasn't scared-- those were my favorite rides. Then I thought about Grandma Grace and Grandpa Roy's neighbor, Charles Oliver, (Bill Oliver's son), who would give me, and my cousins,  tickets for the rides at Natatorium Park in Spokane, WA.    On the ferris wheel ride, which had the seats enclosed in cages, cousin Kit would try to scare me by turning our cage upside down.  He had no luck. I refused to be scared.  

In 2020 I don't allow myself any fear.  I'm trusting God to make everything work out for His glory and my good.

Romans 8:28




No comments:

Post a Comment