Friday, March 13, 2020

THE CROWN



I am enjoying a Netflix mini series entitled “The Crown.” Maybe it is my British ancestry that draws me to dramatizations about historical England.  I have wanted to see this series for some time but have not indulged until now. Because all public gatherings in our building have been canceled Chris and I have the private use of a 16 seat theatre in our retirement community.  We are staying in because of the Coronavirus so this works out nicely for us.
The kings and queens of the UK have all been anointed at the time of their coronations much like the Kings of Israel were. Queen Elizabeth was taught by her father that she had been called by God to rule.  I like the thought that all of us have been called by God to lead in some way in our own sphere of influence.
One year around Christmas I shared with my friend Nan the proclamation Queen Elizabeth had given.   Nan was a British citizen until she because a U.S. citizen.  She was very taken with the sentiments as was I.  The Queen mentions Christianity.  I believe that her own faith has led her to depend on God.  “The Crown” depicts her strength. Below is a You Tube of her 2009 message.

No comments:

Post a Comment