Monday, June 17, 2019

FLOWERISTS

My Aunt Emily's garden

Ran across this blog about the wonder of wildflowers. It made me think about my wildflower blog. I said that I loved them because they don't need care and they are beautiful to view all scattered about.  I remembered the blue bachelor buttons, yellow buttercups, and white wild daisies scattered across my grandparents 15 acres in eastern Washington.

Then that made me think about my horticultural heritage--in other words my grandparents, parents, aunts and uncles, siblings, and cousins who are good at growing things.  I call them flowerists.  Here are some pictures and a newspaper clipping showing their accomplishments.  I couldn't find any photos of Grandpa S's blue ribbons he won for African violet competitions.


Floral arrangement by Mom 1940's


Grandma E. with her honeysuckle plant


Aunty in her flower garden


Uncle Beenie 1952 with his lilac bush


1959




Grandpa S.


Heather 1971

Aunt Evelyn and Uncle Brad's yard 1978


Hornbrook 1982


Hornbrook


Redwood City

 Samantha


Samantha 2007


Cousin Ron's Blue Tango


Grown by cousin Kit


Cousin Dorothy and Dan's yard

If I find anymore pictures I will add them later.  If you have any you would like me to add send them along.  

Ecclesiastes 3: 11 He has made everything beautiful in its time. He has also set eternity in the human heart; yet[a] no one can fathom what God has done from beginning to end. 12 I know that there is nothing better for people than to be happy and to do good while they live."

No comments:

Post a Comment