Monday, May 7, 2018

YOU KNOW YOU ARE IN JAPAN IF.......



Jes has added another memory of his time in Japan.  Here he relates a tale about his bike ride around the country town where he lived when he was teaching English as a second language...



This is just a really really old picture now from the back roads near where I lived in Japan on a circa 2004 Sharp cell phone (I still have it. It's bright blue and has a satisfying click when you open it that Japanese phones of this era had). Back then I was riding my bike a lot. The routes near my house were pretty amazing with mountain views, lush vegetation, nice old grandmas walking around with their strollers and some oddities like this along the way. There was little traffic and in a pinch if you ran out of water in the 95 degree heat and full humidity, a vending machine was always nearby.



1 comment:

  1. I needed to thank you for this wonderful read!!
    I certainly enjoyed every little bit of it. I've got you saved as a favorite to look at new stuff you
    post...

    ReplyDelete