Thursday, May 17, 2018

READY TO STAY and READY TO GO

1952 Fairbanks, Alaska--  we were boarded and then deplaned several times before we were able to fly to Seattle on this non-pressurized airplane.  My dad coined the phrase, "If time to spare go by air." We were ready to stay while being ready to go.

A newspaper clipping I assume from the Fairbanks Daily News Miner.  Dave Stowell atop the U.S. Weather Bureau's airport station.


Many, these days, are watching with alarm the turmoil in the Middle East and around the world.  Israel celebrated 70 years as a nation.  The U.S. moved their embassy to Israel's capital, Jerusalem.  We are nearer than ever to the return of Jesus as He promised.  I'm ready to stay, amid all the conflict. This hymn came to my mind about how to live day by day in spite of the circumstances:


  1. Living for Jesus, a life that is true,
    Striving to please Him in all that I do;
    Yielding allegiance, glad-hearted and free,
    This is the pathway of blessing for me.
    • Refrain:
      O Jesus, Lord and Savior, I give myself to Thee,
      For Thou, in Thy atonement, didst give Thyself for me;
      I own no other Master, my heart shall be Thy throne;
      My life I give, henceforth to live, O Christ, for Thee alone.
  2. Living for Jesus Who died in my place,
    Bearing on Calv’ry my sin and disgrace;
    Such love constrains me to answer His call,
    Follow His leading and give Him my all.
  3. Living for Jesus, wherever I am,
    Doing each duty in His holy Name;
    Willing to suffer affliction and loss,
    Deeming each trial a part of my cross.
  4. Living for Jesus through earth’s little while,
    My dearest treasure, the light of His smile;
    Seeking the lost ones He died to redeem,
    Bringing the weary to find rest in Him.

But even with this hymn in mind I realize that if Jesus comes back, I'm ready to go.  He said He was preparing a place for me, ( John 14:And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again and will take you to myself, that where I am you may be also.)  I'm looking forward to it.

In view of this prophecy I enjoyed this sermon series from Peter Hubbard, Senior pastor at North Hills Church in Greenville, South Carolina.  He started with an illustration about his brother and family having to be ready to go and ready to stay when they were flying overseas.  I will post the links for the 2 videos as Peter explains II Thessalonians 2 about the return of Jesus. Click on this link http://northhillschurch.com/sermon/ready-for-delay/  Then click on this link to watch #2 http://northhillschurch.com/sermon/ready-for-delay-2/

Are you ready to go and also ready to stay?



No comments:

Post a Comment