Monday, February 15, 2016

It Was A Dark And Stormy Night


It Was A Dark And Stormy Night --At least that is how I felt when I learned of the sudden death of Justice Antonin Scalia.  Why would God allow this loss to His people here in the U.S.?  Conservatives are belittled and persecuted for believing that human life and marriage between one man and one woman are more important than the environment, or not allowing our soldiers to fight our enemies.  (During WW II the French were taken over by the Nazis because they refused to fight.)

But I believe that God in His mercy will make this bad thing work for our good—Romans 8: 28.  God will do above and beyond anything we can think of or ask for-- Ephesians 3:20.  My ideal would be that Jesus would come back and set up His Kingdom in Jerusalem. 


Meanwhile, I will pray that those in power will seek God in His Word and in prayer.  I will pray that our leaders will be prudent so that we may live peaceful and quiet lives in all godliness and holiness so that we may spread the gospel before it is too late.  After reading Revelation 14:6-13 today for my BSF lesson I realized I wouldn’t want my worst enemy to experience torment from burning sulfur and with no rest day or night.  Would you?

No comments:

Post a Comment