Thursday, June 19, 2014

Steadfastness



At any given time during the day moms are praying for their children all over the world.  Through Moms in Prayer, an international organization, started by Fern Nichols, volunteer groups of moms gather and pray for their children and their schools once a week.  More and more schools are being covered in prayer.  We need even more moms to get involved.  With the threat of our children being murdered by the criminally insane, jihadists, or abused by evil people, we need to pray to put on the whole armor of God, and for our children to put it on as well. Check out the website.  https://www.momsinprayer.org/ .  MIP will celebrate 30 years of steadfast prayer ministry during The Festival of Joy.  

I am so thankful for the friends I’ve made through Moms in Prayer.  They are steadfast. We can count on each other to pray no matter what is going on in our lives.  My friend, Joyce, arranges get together with our long ago prayer partners who have moved away or are on to other things.  My friend, Peggy, will send me a text now and then with suggestions for something that caught her interest.  When I send her a prayer request she replies—on it!  And I know she will pray.  Linda keeps us laughing with crazy birthday cards and observations about things happening in her life.  I collect cards with water scenes and if my friends see a card they think I would like for my collection they will buy it or take a picture of it for me!

Now we have 2 more moms who have joined our group.  I’m looking forward to the years ahead praying with them. 

One tradition we started was celebrating our birthdays with each other.  But now we have moved on to different seasons in our lives.  One mom goes to Florida for 6 months of the year.  Another moved. We have dealt with illness and loss in our group.  So now we just celebrate birthdays twice a year.  All the summer birthdays we celebrate in July and all the winter birthdays we celebrate in October.  It’s just one way we can make each other feel special.  I enjoyed this blog about special traditions in this blogger's family.  Click on the link to open.  http://townhall.com/columnists/jackiegingrichcushman/2014/06/19/traditions-time-and-treasure-n1853252/page/full


Traditions are a way of taking time to pause and remember good things.  That is why observing the Lord’s Supper is so important in a Christian's life.  We take time to remember the good thing that Jesus did for us!

Luke 22:19 And when He had taken some bread and given thanks, He broke it and gave it to them,saying"This is My body which is given for you; do this in remembrance of Me." 20 And in the same way He took the cup after they had eatensaying"This cup which is poured out for you is the new covenant in My blood.

No comments:

Post a Comment