Monday, November 2, 2015

Another One Gone; Another One Bites The Dust


I have decided that there are two more TV shows that I will no longer watch because the characters are sexually immoral. The story line tolerates this behavior as perfectly acceptable.  A jingle from a weight watcher commercial keeps going through my head--Another one gone; another one bites the dust!  Those shows have bitten the dust for me.   I felt a little disappointment at first -- then my resolve set in. Good-bye TV shows and no regrets!

In the past I continued to watch TV shows where some characters were jumping into bed with each other even though they were not married.  But I drew the line at approval of homosexuality.  Now I’m beginning to draw the line at unmarried people sleeping with each other. It’s just wrong! Saving yourself for marriage is the way to go.

I thought Glenn Beck had a good point on the Kelly File the other night.  See the above video. He said the problem with our country is that we are immoral.  I agree.  We no longer use the Bible as the plum line to direct our laws and lives.  Everyone does what he thinks is right in his own eyes.
  
I will continue to self censor and pray that my non-watching of certain shows will make a difference in my life and maybe other lives as well.  Maybe if every Christian stopped watching these types of TV shows they would go off of the air. At least our children won’t have to see these things on TV. But now even some commercials are no longer family friendly. I wonder how parents will explain such things to their kids?!

What do you think?




No comments:

Post a Comment