Tuesday, February 7, 2023

A NAP AND A SNACK

 

Watercolor from a fibromyalgia calendar.

When life gets tough I say with our daughter, Heather, take a nap and get a snack.  Elijah did this in I Kings 19:7-- 

And the angel of the Lord came again a second time and touched him and said, “Arise and eat, for the journey is too great for you.” 

Also-- going through life is better with friends. In the above painting I picture myself in my old age with my friends.  I giggle at the shirtwaists and white purses.  We might even dress like our grandmothers.   Those are happy and fond thoughts for me. Elijah was not alone either. God informed Elijah that there were 7000 others who were in agreement with him-- 

l Kings 19:18 Yet I will leave seven thousand in Israel, all the knees that have not bowed to Baal, and every mouth that has not kissed him.”

From this scripture we know that God cares about what we are going through.  We are not alone. We can cast every care on Him.

I Peter 5: 6 Humble yourselves, therefore, under the mighty hand of God so that at the proper time he may exalt you, casting all your anxieties on him, because he cares for you.

2 comments:

  1. I enjoyed the wisdom of what you provided in this message. I am also one of the ladies looking over, but I look up to see the joy coming. Thank you, once again.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, joy will come when our Lord returns! I pray it is soon!

      Delete