Thursday, October 6, 2022

SHINE

 

Glenkirk Church Camp 1960.  Don't remember any of the names.

My friend Nancy and I attended church camp together when we were just 15 and sophomores at Groveton High.  My memory is foggy but I seem to remember 2 church camps.  The camp we went to had a lake which we rowed boats on.  The other camp was a new camp called Glenkirk.  Our church helped to build it.  Nancy remembers that I invited her and two boys, one was Jimmy Schall, to work on building the camp.  I don't remember that but it sounds like me.  I thought I was being an evangelist to invite boys to church activities. My goal in life was to please Jesus by shining for Him. I remember 2 scripture verses --

Matthew 5:16  In the same way, let your light shine before others, so that they may see your good works and give glory to your Father who is in heaven.

and Philippians 2:15 that you may be blameless and innocent, children of God without blemish in the midst of a crooked and twisted generation, among whom you shine as lights in the world,

My shine is a little dimmer these days but with God's help He will make me to shine more.


My brother Jay got me involved in the Bible Club at Groveton.



My friend, Nancy, got me involved in the Westminster Fellowship Club at Madison College




1 comment:

  1. I remember going to Camp Glenkirk only one year. What I remember is that someone lost a ring in the grass. Everyone was trying hard to find it. Suddenly I spied it! The person who lost it was elated. Prayers had been answered! I felt so special that I was the one who miraculously found it!
    Carolyn Conway Riley

    ReplyDelete