Tuesday, May 17, 2022

GHOSTED

 


Evy, Grace, Roberta, 1950 wedding for my Aunt Ruth and Uncle Jack



I was ghosted by several boyfriends.  In other words we were dating and they suddenly disappeared out of my life.  Actually two of them broke up with me in person.  The other two I learned 40 years later had been dating other girls while they were dating me.  So far only one of those men is still alive.  One died of lung cancer, another one died in a plane crash, and another one fell off a cliff to his death.  One of my college roommates quipped at our 40 year college reunion, " Chris, you better never break up with Bobbi because you may loose your life!"

I now understand that these boys realized that I was not ready for marriage and that I would not be willing to be the helpmate to them that they needed.  This article, which quotes a 1906 book, revealed to me that I came into marriage with all the wrong ideas.  

I was fortunate to have been in many weddings.  First I was a flower girl for my Aunt Ruth and Uncle Jack.  Then I was a bridesmaid for my best friend Nancy and her husband Charlie.  I was a bridesmaid for my cousin Janet and her husband Alf.  I was a bridesmaid for my brother Jay and his wife Martha.  I was a bridesmaid for my brother Davy and his wife Sue.  But even though I was in all those weddings I have never understood what marriage was all about until I read "Two Lives Blending into One Life."

Colossians 3:18-19 Wives, submit to your husbands, as is fitting in the Lord. 19 Husbands, love your wives, and do not be harsh with them.




No comments:

Post a Comment