Thursday, March 31, 2022

LOVE AND OBEDIENCE


Moms in Touch lunch at Washington Vocational Technical College 1996 left to right Linda, Friedel, Bobbi, ? ,? Linda, ? ?


In 1966, my first year of teaching, I was shocked to find that not all kids are compliant.  Most children are strong willed. I had to set boundaries for them to push against.  It was exhausting.  So after 3 years I quit that job and went to work at the library.  I loved it--peaceful and quiet.  Then I had kids.  Found out some are born compliant and some are born strong willed.  So I taught them that the strong willed must let the compliant learn and grow at their own speed. The compliant must set boundaries for the strong willed to push against.  Both temperaments have something good to offer and something they need to overcome.  


Because of my chronic pain I couldn't physically do all the things a mother does -- but I could pray.  I knew God has commanded us to do so.  I joined a Moms in Prayer group in my area. Wow!  What a difference being involved in this group made in my life.  We saw answer after answer from our loving God.  At the end of the senior year for four of our kids --   three received awards.  One was so unexpected that we knew the only way this child could get that award was by the grace of God. 


Here are some prayers we can pray.  God will answer.





John 14:21 Whoever has my commandments and keeps them, he it is who loves me. And he who loves me will be loved by my Father, and I will love him and manifest myself to him.”














No comments:

Post a Comment