Wednesday, January 5, 2022

TRUST

 

Grandma Grace Belle with her honeysuckle plant at the farm. I still have that hat.


Grandma Grace Belle trusted in God.  She wrote in my autograph book, when I was 13, that I should "always remember that God answers prayer."  Grandma was a pleasant person.  She rarely complained.  She wanted the best for her children and grandchildren no matter how they acted.    If anyone complimented her children or grandchildren she would pass on the praise to us. 

As I think about the new year I like to remember the good things from the past, and those who were a comfort to me.  I miss them but I am thankful I had them in my life for a time.  In the new year I pray that I can be a comfort and a pleasant personality like Grandma.  

Ray Ortland, a pastor, wants to be more gentle and comforting in the new year. He writes in this blog and says--  "Hopefully, the beautiful orthodoxy of gospel doctrine is flowing into the pastoral gentleness and comfort and guidance and encouragement inherent in that beautiful orthodoxy. Hopefully, there is more gracious culture in the pulpit, and hopefully, more lasting friendships outside the pulpit."

So as we step forward into 2022 may we seek God in prayer and trust that He will answer according to His will and for our good.

Proverbs 3:5-6 Trust in the Lord with all your heart, and do not lean on your own understanding. In all your ways acknowledge him, and he will make straight your paths.

No comments:

Post a Comment