Friday, April 30, 2021

WEDDING DRESS RECYCLE

Grace, Dave 1939 St. Paul's Methodist church

November 1939

Evelyn, Brad St. Paul's Methodist church


Jack, Ruth 1950 St. Paul's Methodist church

My mom was the greatest recycler that I've ever known.  She recycled her wedding dress by giving it to her sister Evelyn.  She, in turn, gave it to her sister Ruth.  Diana modeled the dress for the 1989 50th wedding anniversary party:


1989 Redwood city

Continuing on in a similar way--  I borrowed my wedding dress from a college classmate whose husband was related to my dad's side of the family.

me , Chris 1965, St. Paul's Methodist church

Just recently I learned that my niece, Grace Marie, will borrow her wedding dress from her pastor's wife for her July 11, 2021 wedding. So we continue on in the family traditions.

Hebrews 13: 16 Do not neglect to do good and to share what you have, for such sacrifices are pleasing to God.

2 comments:

  1. Oh my. I never had a picture of when I wore the dress. Do you still have the dress? It was so beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cindy has the dress now. I do have some shoes and a veil that I thought may have belonged to one of the girls.

      Delete