Friday, September 18, 2020

COME AND SEE

 

GHS Bible Club 1960


In case you don't know it--  God loves you.   From Matthew 10 we learn-- 29 Are not two sparrows sold for a penny? And not one of them will fall to the ground apart from your Father. 30 But even the hairs of your head are all numbered. 31 Fear not, therefore; you are of more value than many sparrows. 

Christians, (those who have put their faith in Jesus), know that God loves them.  I knew at a young age that God loved me.  I always delighted in attending church.  I knew everybody there loved me.  They had to love me --it's a command from God.  But at school nobody had to love me.  I was a little embarrassed to get up in front of my lunch shift and ring the bell while we asked a blessing.  But I remember what Jesus said in Matthew:10 32 "So everyone who acknowledges me before men, I also will acknowledge before my Father who is in heaven, 33 but whoever denies me before men, I also will deny before my Father who is in heaven." So I rang the bell and led the prayer.  


GHS 1957
 I strove to obey Jesus when He said in Matthew 28:19, "Go therefore and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit." My idea to evangelize my classmates at Groveton High School back in 1960 was to invite boys to Youth Group at Calvary Presbyterian church. With that in mind I even invited my friend, Nancy (Lukehart), along with two boys, (one was Jimmy Schaal who attended Groveton), to help build the Glen Kirk church camp. 

I am becoming more and more interested in spiritual things as I grow older.  With God's help I will continue to seek Jesus and His Kingdom and His righteousness, and I will invite people to come and see what Jesus is all about.

With the loss of Ruth Bader Ginsburg (1933-2020) U.S. Supreme Court Justice on September 18, I am saddened.  Only God knows her heart.  But there is only one way to heaven and that is through Jesus, (John 3:16.)  I pray she made her peace with God before she was gone. 

4 comments:

  1. RBG was Jewish. As far as I know Jews believe in God. I'm sure he welcomed her to his kingdom of heaven.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for commenting. Only God knows the heart.

      Delete
  2. People have to respect those who are consistently true to something beyond themselves. The court loved and respected her determined spirit and affability. Remember she was doggedly against allowing corporations (which are not citizens and wbich are internationally owned and traded) to be involved in elections. I would like that to be revisited on her behalf, especially in light of the fact that US minds are being controlled by foreign entities wbo buy our representatives.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was vaguely aware of her stance on corporations. I do hope it is revisited. Thanks for your comment.

      Delete