Wednesday, June 3, 2020

JESUS LOVES THE LITTLE CHILDREN



In Sunday school I learned this song: 
"Jesus loves the little children. All the children of the world. Red and yellow, black and white they are precious in His sight. Jesus loves the little children of the world."

This is what my parents believed.  I did too.  We were never confronted with racism until we moved to Virginia when I was in 4th grade in 1952.  

I noticed some old city buses parked on a lot across the street from our house.  It looked like people were living in the buses.  (My brother Jay thought the life style great. He always wanted to be "self contained," and to "live on wheels.")  Later I found out that the kids were not allowed to go to the "white" schools.  The case was taken to court.  In 1961 our first black student enrolled in our high school.  Above is the interview of Rayfield Barber recorded at the 1996 reunion.

Galatians 3: 26 for in Christ Jesus you are all sons of God, through faith. 27 For as many of you as were baptized into Christ have put on Christ. 28 There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither slave[g] nor free, there is no male and female, for you are all one in Christ Jesus. 29 And if you are Christ's, then you are Abraham's offspring, heirs according to promise.

No comments:

Post a Comment