Saturday, December 28, 2019

HOME IS WHERE YOU HANG YOUR HEART

Our 4th house 1984. Sold in 1989.

We've moved again.  This time to a "Senior Apartment."  We hope this will be our last move.  Our married life has been a roller coaster ride because of all our moves and all our adventures on the high seas. This was our choice as we wanted to live an unconventional life.  God blessed us with these opportunities. But now I see my cousins, who stayed in the same houses, having their travels now.  Maybe they have chosen the better way.

As a child I was uprooted at least five times.  My mom taught all of us that Spokane was God's country.  So in the back of my mind it was my cousins in Spokane I envied.  They lived in one house and stayed put.  At that time I thought I would settle in Spokane and stay there.  But as a college student, and thinking about marriage,  the thought of a white picket fence, grass to mow, flower beds to tend, and housework, I was sickened.  ( My genetics call for minimal responsibilities.) When Chris proposed that we live on a boat I was intrigued.

Over the last fifty-four years we've experienced living in houses, condos, apartments, and boats.  None is or was perfect.  We were looking for a better place-- (Hebrews 11:16  But as it is, they desire a better country, that is, a heavenly one. Therefore God is not ashamed to be called their God, for he has prepared for them a city.)


It is true that where your treasure is, there your heart will be also, (Matthew 6:21.) Our real home is where we hang our hearts and store up our treasures. So some day, for Christians, we will be where our hearts are-- Heaven.  The street is gold there.


Revelation 21:21 And the twelve gates were twelve pearls, each of the gates made of a single pearl, and the street of the city was pure gold, like transparent glass.

No comments:

Post a Comment