Wednesday, November 1, 2017

GOOD FOR NOTHING

One of my all time favorite pictures of my kids. Photo by Chris Brown.

Today I'm so thankful to God for the faith He has given my kids, their spouses, and my grandkids.  I'm thankful for my parents who took us to church and modeled in their lives, not always perfectly, being Christ followers.  

My dad, in Alexandria, Va. at Calvary Presbyterian church, taught senior high Sunday school years ago.  He told his students that they should know why they are being good or else they are being good for nothing.  I was saddened to find out that several students have not clung to their Bibles like my dad did, but have been trying to be good for nothing.  One joined the Mormon church, another one put his faith in the Masons, a third has put his faith in politics.  But at least my siblings, and a few others from his classes, have dedicated their lives to seeking after God through faith alone and not of works.

Today I read this blog about our children actually belonging to God and not to ourselves.  I'm also starting a 30 day gratefulness challenge through Revive our Hearts.  If you would like me to e-mail you the link I get each day for this challenge leave a comment on this blog.

May God turn the hearts of the disobedient to the wisdom of the righteous to make ready a people prepared for the Lord, Luke 1:17 b. 

Another favorite.  Photo by Chris Brown.


I get a kick out of this one.  Photo by Chris Brown.

No comments:

Post a Comment