Tuesday, March 7, 2017

I WANTED TO LIVE IN A SHACK

My great aunt and great uncle's shacks.  Photo by Chris Brown.


When I was a kid I loved to visit Grandma and Grandpa on their 15 acre wheat farm.  They raised alfalfa and kept an acre vegetable garden too.  Up the hill from the farm house my great uncle and great aunt lived in their one room houses.  I always thought that I would like to have a place like that--it required no painting, remodeling, or any maintenance work as far as I could tell.  Unfortunately, I realized, after living on a boat, that I liked indoor plumbing and electricity.  My great aunt and uncle had neither.  

Speaking of shacks-- a movie based on the book "The Shack" is in the theaters.  I read the book and was struck by the new -agey feel.  Apparently the author does not understand that God is a Spirit.  He does not have a body.  He came to earth in a human body--that is Jesus.  So only Jesus has a human body. Also, the author puts Mack on the throne instead of God. If you are interested Here is a blog with multiple reviews by pastors and bloggers that I read. 
Here is a link to our son's pastor's review of the book. 
  



No comments:

Post a Comment