Wednesday, September 16, 2015

A Little Taste Of Heaven

Festival Of Joy --Moms In Prayer International Conference

I miss my prayer partners.   We recently moved to another town and so I left behind, at our former church, my faithful prayer partners.  We used to meet once a week and pray about everything we could think of from cures for diseases to missionaries.

My other prayer partners were the moms in my Moms in Prayer group.  ( Check out the you tube video above.) We would meet as often as we could to pray for our children and grandchildren in one accord.  If one of us thought of a verse to pray we would pray that verse with her.  If somebody had something to add on the same subject she would add her prayer.

Also, I had a longtime friend who lived across the state from me.  I would call her with emergency prayers –prayers that needed lifting up to God right then.  But she passed away last year.

All these prayers were a comfort to me.  I knew that those of us praying together had each other’s backs.  God cares for us through the concern of other believers.

So I’m lonely for someone who will pray with me.  God made us for fellowship with Him and with other believers. Sometimes God will give us a time of just depending on Jesus and the Holy Spirit to lift up our praises, requests, and confessions to the Father. I love this verse that Joni Eareckson Tada quoted on her podcast yesterday,

Job 16:19 "Even now my witness is in heaven; my advocate is on high. 20 My intercessor is my friend as my eyes pour out tears to God; 21 on behalf of a man he pleads with God as a man pleads for his friend."

 I know Jesus is praying for me so I don't NEED new prayer partners but I’m still WANT some.  God will provide in His time.

One reason I know that it is important to have many praying together is from what Paul said.

 II Corinthians 1:11  “as you help us by your prayers. Then many will give thanks on our behalf for the gracious favor granted us in answer to the prayers of many.” 

If many are praying together then there will be many giving thanks when God answers.  What a thrill to rejoice together.  It’s a little taste of Heaven!

No comments:

Post a Comment