Joni recording her podcast radio program
Because of my chronic pain from fibromyalgia, I spend a large amount of my time resting. Being from the “entertainment generation” or maybe it’s just me; I like to occupy myself by watching old movies, listening to my favorite music, or being encouraged by inspirational sermons, devotionals, or worthy of note facts. Here is a list of the podcasts I listen to. I subscribe to them through I Tunes or oneplace.com.
1. Joni and friends-- is a 4 minute podcast where she opens her heart and God’s word to you every week day as she shares rich and deep Biblical insights gleaned from living over four decades in her wheelchair.
2. JustThinking—with Ravi Zacharias is a quarter-hour weekday broadcast. The broadcast outreach of RZIM is a listener-supported ministry that powerfully mixes biblical teaching and Christian apologetics. The programs seek to explore issues such as life's meaning, the credibility of the Christian message and the Bible, the weakness of modern intellectual movements, and the uniqueness of Jesus Christ.
3. ReviveOur Hearts-- Nancy Leigh DeMoss explores women's issues from a biblical perspective.
4. Fiveminutes in Church History-- hosted by Dr. Stephen Nichols, is a weekly podcast that provides an informal and informative look at church history. Join us each week as we take a brief break from the present to go exploring the past. Travel back in time as we look at the people, events, and even the places that have shaped the story of Christianity. Each podcast offers an easily digestible glimpse of how the eternal, unchangeable God has worked in the church over prior generations, and how this can encourage us today. This is our story—our family history. 5 Minutes in Church History is an outreach of Ligonier Ministries.
5. Capitol Hill Baptist Church Sermons--Capitol Hill Baptist Church is a Baptist church located on Capitol Hill in Washington, D.C., a few blocks from the United States Capitol. Mark Dever serves as the senior pastor of the church. I grew up in the D.C. area so it is interesting to me to hear references to “The Hill” and what is going on in politics in regard to the Christian life.
6. North Hills Community Church Sermons—Senior Pastor Peter Hubbard-- …and when we say “church” we mean people because that’s what the church is – God’s people. So, welcome to a collection of people from all walks of life and a diversity of backgrounds who are united by faith in Jesus Christ and an allegiance to his Word. Welcome to a chorus of people who are eager to worship God together in praise and prayer. Welcome to a family of people who are aware of their weaknesses and need, and as a result are urging each other to love and obey Christ through authentic relationships. Welcome to a band of ordinary people who are learning to joyfully give of their time and resources to serve the lost and hurting people of the Upstate of South Carolina and the world.
7.Mitchel Road Presbyterian Church Sermons—Greenville, South Carolina, Senior Pastor Andy Lewis --Celebrate Christ. Equip the Church. Engage the World.