Monday, April 21, 2014

Random Bits and Pieces



MARRIAGE
When God brought Eve to Adam this was God’s way of telling us His plan for marriage.  God made Adam and Eve not Adam and Steve.  God was showing us a picture of Christ and His Church.  He is the bridegroom and the Church is the bride.  In other words we need both masculine and feminine to show God’s design for marriage.

SUMMER BIBLE READING SCHEDULE
This coming summer I will once again be reading through the Bible according to a reading plan.  Here is a link which gives several different strategies for reading the Bible.  http://www.backtothebible.org/index.php/Bible-Reading-Guides.html

BREATHING
The other day we were discussing how asthmatics become panicked when they can’t breath. I commented that when I can’t breath, I just tell the Lord that if He doesn’t help me to breath soon that is OK, because I’ll be dead in a couple of minutes, and then we can discuss it face to face.

COMMON CORE
I watched a 30-minute video about Common Core. Click on the link below to watch.  Five people on the committee who produced the Common Core Curriculum did not sign off on it. Their names were expunged from the record.


More misinformation is going out about Common Core. Not only is the Federal government trying to require it for every student, (the SAT test is optional,)they are dumbing down the test for those who are college bound.  Here are a couple of links to read about complaints: http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/answer-sheet/post/eight-problems-with-common-core-standards/2012/08/21/821b300a-e4e7-11e1-8f62-58260e3940a0_blog.html


ROMAN CATHOLISIM

I’ve been wondering why so many Protestants are reading “Orthodoxy” written by G.K. Chesterton, a Roman Catholic.  Here is what R.C. Sproul, Jr. said, “ Why would a rabidly anti-Romanism Calvinist insist his teens read a rabidly anti-Calvinism Romanist? Why for all the biblical wisdom of course. That, and the writing. Chesterton was Lewis before Lewis, and clearly Lewis to Lewis. This book, rightly handled, is gold for the soul.”

TIME FLIES AND I CRAWL
When I was young time would crawl, (when are these kids ever going to grow up?!), and I would fly as I had so much to do, and so little time.  Now time flies, (is it 9 o’clock already!?), and I crawl, (did it just take me an hour to figure out how this necklace hooks?)

MY PET PEEVE
Teenagers should spend hanging out time at home, church, or school.  Hanging out at the mall is fulfilling this saying—"Fools names and fools faces will often be seen in public places."  My gut tells me that the mall is not a good place for kids.  If they need to buy something they should go to the store, buy it, and then leave.









No comments:

Post a Comment