Thursday, August 8, 2013

What? Me Forget Our Wedding Anniversary!

Church in Bora Bora.

Bloody Marys meat selection.  The diner selects what you want from the raw selection and it is grilled to perfection.


Dinner.


Bathroom.


These last two weeks have been nothing but non-stop partying.  First, one week before my birthday,  I was privileged to have a party at church on potluck Sunday, to celebrate the anniversary of my 29th birthday.  On that Sunday, I had 8 people come to church with me, and 18 people come to the lunch after.  Our daughter and family, and son and girlfriend, brought food.  Our long time friends came up from Portland.  My youngest brother traveled down from Ferndale.  Cousins came from Auburn and Kent.  Our best man from our wedding came down from Mt. Vernon with his wife.  I had 3 Mom’s from my prayer group come.  And of course our church family was there.  It was the best birthday party ever!

Then, on my actual day Chris took me to lunch at our local eatery and bookstore called Third Place Books.  And yes, I did buy a book.  My 6-year-old granddaughter is learning to read and some of my children’s books are a little too difficult for her.  “Hop on Pop” by Dr. Seuss is my choice for her.  (She calls Chris-- Pops.)

A little over a week later, August 7th, was our wedding anniversary. Yes, I did remember it this year.  It was a few years ago, when we were in Tahiti that I forgot it.  We had just arrived in Papeete from Bora Bora.  I told Chris that we had to run our errands because the next day was our anniversary.  We would get everything done so we could relax on our day.  After riding in “Le Truck” all over town we accomplished our list.  Then Chris said to me, “Isn’t today August 7th and tomorrow August 8?”  Oops, he was right! 

Above are pictures we took in Bora Bora.  God graciously gave us the desires of our heart—to travel to the South Pacific.  But I must say, for me, I love living in the U.S. of A. and being near friends, family, and having English language Church! 

2 comments:

  1. We were married on Hubby's birthday. People joke that we did that so he'd never forget our anniversary. Well, one year. . . we BOTH forgot. It was a crazy summer, and things sometimes happen. *grin*

    ReplyDelete