Saturday, August 12, 2023

TEACHER APPRECIATION

 

Photo by me

Each Thanksgiving the Moms in Prayer groups in Monroe, WA would prepare baskets of goodies for each school for which we prayed. Years ago, when I was teaching, I would have appreciated the attractive basket pictured above, left for the teachers in the break room.  Of course I could have used about 5 assistants to help me with all the duties teachers had-- lesson prep for all subjects, inventory, bulletin boards, lesson plans, parent conferences, lunch room duty, play ground duty, parent- teacher meetings, decorating, displays--(Dean of Women at EWU  gifted me with pots of geraniums, and squares of towels for the children to erase their dry erase marking boards),  etc., etc. Now of course there are not only fire drills but also active shooter drills.  I left teaching after 3 years.  I like children as individuals but not as a group. I preferred working at the public library. 

So now I either start a Moms in Prayer group or I join one.  It is just 1 hour a week and it is come as you are.  This year I will be praying again for the school for which our church volunteers as mentors. 


Matthew 19:14 but Jesus said, “Let the little children come to me and do not hinder them, for to such belongs the kingdom of heaven.”

No comments:

Post a Comment