Saturday, August 14, 2021

OLYMPIC GOLD

 


I enjoy second place.  It makes for less pressure and stress.  Unfortunately I've been forced to replace the person who was first place several times.  

In 1964 I was EWU ROTC Sponsor Corps vice commander.  Sadly for me the commander quit school and got married.  I had to take over.  I had no idea what I was doing.  Somehow I muddled through with help from some of the Sponsor Corps members and some of the R.O.T.C. cadets.  

In 1966 when the Spokane School district was desperate for teachers the Dean of  EWU Women talked me into teaching at an elementary school in Spokane.  She happened to be the substitute teacher who needed replacing!  

One time in 1970 I showed up for work at the library in Spokane. I was told that I had to replace a librarian in a movie that was being shot that day. 

I believe that my mom was competitive but my dad was not.  I don't know if that is true.  But if it is true I tend to take after my dad.

I am awestruck every time I see the Olympic athletes put everything they have into their sport.  Maybe if I had been more competitive I would have achieved more with my life.  But then again God will give us the desires of our hearts if we are obedient and follow Him.  My desire was to be second place and spend more time having fun!

I particularly liked this article about the Olympics by John Stonestreet. Click here to read.

Olympic Stories More Lovely Than Silver and More Costly Than Gold

 


 

  

No comments:

Post a Comment