Tuesday, October 13, 2020

MOMS IN PRAYER INTERNATIONAL


Donna, me, Peggy, Joyce


Today I received from Revive Our Hearts (https://www.reviveourhearts.com/ ) the daily devotional for this month's prayer challenge.  We were encouraged to pray with our children.  I had prayed bedtime prayers with my children but never prayed with them in times of crisis.  This author encouraged us to pray with our children in times of stress.  She quoted Lamentations 2:19 which reminded me of all the ladies I met through Moms In Prayer International(https://momsinprayer.org/ ).  We supported each other through prayer for many years.


Kathy, Judy, Claudia, Linda, Becky, ?

Linda, Friedel, me, Kathy, ?, Linda, ?, ?


?, JoAnne, Donna, Kay, Friedel, me, Joyce


Peggy, Friedel, me, Joyce, Jean

Fabiola, Connie, Fran, Rose, Lynn, me


I pray for my grandchildren now.   Praying with grandkids is fun.  I remember one time when Samantha was about six years old and Natalie was about four.  Our family had assembled at Heather and Jessie's house for Thanksgiving.  Something upset Natalie. Her parents took her upstairs to talk to her.  She was crying loudly.  We could hear her downstairs.  I asked Sammy if she would like to pray that Natalie would not be so upset.  Sammy prayed that Natalie would stop crying.  Suddenly Natalie stopped crying.  Sammy said, "Thank you Lord!"

I was blessed to learn how to pray with Moms in Prayer groups.  I can now pass the habit of prayer down to my grandchildren.  



4 comments:

  1. Great pictures! I am praying for my children, grandchildren and especially family members who are not yet Christ-followers.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Really appreciated your prayer support over the years. Such good memories.

      Delete
  2. I am also praying for my children, grandchildren and especially those in my family who are not yet Christ-Followers!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Same here. Glad to know that we are in prayer together in Christ!

      Delete