Sunday, May 3, 2020

HOLD ON



Waiting-- sometimes life seems like a game of hurry up and wait.  As a child I always looked forward--  never back.  If I was in a class with all new people I would search for a friend. I had a best friend in grades K through 5th but in 6th through 9th grades I wasn't successful. Maybe it was the problem of not growing up as fast as some.

Because I felt alone in 6th through 9th grades, I empathize with people who may feel lonely now during isolation due to the coronavirus.  You might know of someone who is alone and needs some encouragement.  The above You Tube is a 12 minute sermon on "Loneliness" by Mark Dever, pastor of Capitol Hill Baptist church in Washington D.C. 

Below is a You Tube giving the history of the church.  If you have ever visited or lived near Washington D.C. the tour could be meaningful to you.




Jesus says in Revelation 3: 11" I am coming soon. Hold fast what you have, so that no one may seize your crown. 12 The one who conquers, I will make him a pillar in the temple of my God. Never shall he go out of it, and I will write on him the name of my God, and the name of the city of my God, the new Jerusalem, which comes down from my God out of heaven, and my own new name."

4 comments:

  1. Thank you, Bobbi. May you never be lonely knowing you are
    in the arms of the Good Shepherd. Jim and Carmen

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope I am like Paul and singing hymns at the top of my voice if I ever am lonely.

      Delete
  2. In your loneliness you reached out to others. God uses our deficiencies to help others. You certainly have done that, my Friend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We can comfort others because of the comfort we have received.

      Delete