Monday, August 15, 2016

A GIFT OF A THISTLE-- JAMES HORNER



All it takes is a gift from a little child to touch your heart.  God uses the small and invisible things in this life to comfort us sometimes.  I remember when my sister died I was so angry.  I watched a movie called "Eraser" and I felt better.  Swartzenhager erased all of his enemies.  Death is an enemy. Some day God will erase death.  Then there was the time I attended a funeral for a loved one who died at a young age.  She was only in her 50's.  Her sister remembered that her favorite flower was a yellow rose. Shortly after the loss, a yellow rose grew unexpectedly in the garden.  It was a comfort to her.  

Another time for  grieving for me were the first years I came down with fibromyalgia. I would walk into the drugstore or department store, spray myself with all of the sample perfumes, and enjoy the smells.  (My daughter gave me several little samples of perfumes for a birthday as she knew what a comfort good smells were to me.)  Another comfort was when I listened to my favorite music.  (Pandora is great.  I can add every kind of music.)  The above video is from the movie “Braveheart.”  The composer of the music, James Horner, was killed in a plane crash in 2015.  What a loss.   We can appreciate the music he left behind and the gentle scene from the movie.

          

No comments:

Post a Comment