Sunday, May 11, 2014

HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY



Today was another wonderful Mother's Day for me.  My kids, grandkids and hubby took me on a picnic.  The weather was perfect and the park wasn't crowded.  (Later I found out that I chose a park in a bad neighborhood.  I guess that is why it wasn't crowded. We thought maybe there were homeless people who were sheltering under the trees when we saw what looked like an abandoned sleeping bag.)

Thinking back about my life I was very blessed to have a mom, dad, siblings, and 4 grandparents.  Above is a picture of me with my Grandpa Edson, cousin Dorothy, Aunt Ruth, brother Jay, my mom, Aunt Evelyn, and Grandma Edson at my grandparent's farm in Eastern Washington.  What a great life to have a God fearing family.  Grandma Edson and Aunt Evelyn always enjoyed singing the doxology before meals. Now my granddaughters enjoy singing it.

 "Praise God, from whom all blessings flow;
Praise him, all creatures here below;
Praise him above, ye heavenly host;
Praise Father, Son, and Holy Ghost. Amen."


No comments:

Post a Comment