Thursday, June 13, 2013

Happy Father's Day

 Here is a you tube I identify with!  It has always been difficult for me to tell people that I love them.  Maybe I should practice  like this!
Father's Day is usually on the third Sunday – this year it is on June 16th (next Sunday).


The first Father’s Day was celebrated in Spokane, Washington in 1910. A Mrs. Dodd founded it. She was concerned that mothers had a day of recognition and thought fathers were being left out. She discussed this with the pastor of her church and set up a committee.  By 1916 the movement had spread and congress recognized it in that year.


I have a personal story about adding Father’s Day to our calendar. My grandmother was on the Father’s Day Committee and helped Mrs. Dodd with promoting  Father's Day.




No comments:

Post a Comment