Friday, October 21, 2016

WHEN I AM FEELING DOWN


There are many things that may cause someone to feel depressed--too much stress in our lives, corrupt people, evil abounding more and more, sickness, difficult circumstances, and so much other negative stuff.  At our old church there was a man who cheered me, when I felt sad, with this song--  "The Joy of the Lord is my Strength." It can be sung with all ha, ha, ha's. You can't help laughing at yourself when you sing it.  Here are some other things that I do when I am feeling down:

1. Try to get a good nights sleep because I feel better if I can sleep. 

2.  Count my blessings: 
Food, clothing, shelter, indoor plumbing, (I lived on a boat with no indoor plumbing that could be used.) There are books written of thousands of things to be happy about.  Here is a blog about "50 things to be happy about." 

3.  Find things to laugh about:
I like Tim Hawkins a stand up Christian comedian.  Here is one of his you tubes.  
Here is a comedian who does a monologue from Pat McManus books. 

4. Sing—the you tube above gives the verses for "The joy of the Lord is my strength."

5. Exercise.

But most of all I pray about all of the painful things in my life and ask God to heal them and to help me relax.  I seek friends to pray for me too.




No comments:

Post a Comment