Thursday, August 7, 2014

The Way To Somewhere Else


When world or local events in the news overwhelm my nervous system I love to watch Hallmark Christmas movies to calm myself.  Usually I can catch them not only in November and December but also in July.   Speaking of Christmas I love Christmas music any time of the year.  Then that brings to mind my music radio stations on Pandora. I enjoy every type of music from Christian to classical and even some jazz and reggae.  Since country music includes more pop I like country now. 

The other night there was a country music TV show on that wasn’t an award show, so I decided to watch some of it.  One song that was sung was called “Day Time Drinkin.”  I don’t drink so it wasn’t the words I liked; it was the drumline that backed up the singers that impressed me.  Our son played in a drumline when he was in high school.  

I sent him the You Tube link.  He said that possibly they got the idea for the drum line from Peter Fox who is a German rapper.  Check out his You Tube: 


He speaks about wanting to no longer do bad stuff but to become new. 

Andy Lewis, Pastor of Mitchell Road Presbyterian Church in Greenville, SC, in a recent sermon, mentioned another young musician who wants to be better.  Here’s the You Tube: 


I like both of these songs—they have a good beat and you could dance to them!  What else do they have in common?  I think they are saying that they no longer want to be involved in anything sinful but they want to do what is right.  But as humans nobody, except Jesus, can live a perfect life.  We need a Savior because God says that if we sin we deserve death.  He made a way for us to be saved from death and that is by Jesus taking our sins upon Himself. 

Following Jesus isn’t easy but He sent the Holy Spirit to help us to live righteously.  And so we trust Him to complete the good work He has started in us!





No comments:

Post a Comment